スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

A Christmas Carol (long ver.)

"A Merry Christmas, Uncle!" cried a happy voice. It was Scrooge's nephew.

 "Bah!" said Scrooge. "Humbug !"

"Christmas a humbug, Uncle!" said Scrooge's nephew. "You don't mean that, I'm sure."

"I do," said Scrooge. "Merry Christmas! What reason have you got to be merry? You're poor."

"OK, then," replied his nephew cheerfully. "What reason have you got to be sad? You're rich. Don't be cross, Uncle!" said his nephew.

"What else can I be," replied Scrooge. "I live in a world of fools. Merry Christmas! What's Christmas time to you? It's a time for paying bills without money. It's a time for finding yourself a year older, but no richer. Every fool who says 'Merry Christmas'," said Scrooge, should be boiled with his own Christmas pudding. Then he should be buried with a stake of holly through his heart!"

"Uncle!" begged the nephew.

"Nephew!" replied Scrooge, "celebrate Christmas in your own way, and let me celebrate it in mine."

"Celebrate it!" repeated Scrooge's nephew. "But you don't celebrate it."

"Let me leave it alone, then," said Scrooge.


Ebenezer Scrooge is a mean and miserable man with no friends. One cold Christmas Eve three ghosts visit him and take him on a frightening journey to show him what is wrong with his life.

Can Scrooge change and learn to become a better person?

My favorite part of this book is last scene. He gave Bob big prize turkey and him payment higher. At first, I was worried whether Bob would quit his job and leave him. If Bob did so, Scrooge's mind should be more perverse.

I was happy to get along with all people finally.


This is final Literature Circle. I was a Summarizer. First and second time I was summarized, I just do it and read a manuscript I made. However, second Literature Circle, my group member prepared some quiz and PowerPoint document. I respected them, because I also prepared some quiz in final Literature Circle. That was the best Literature Circle!!


Also, this story has been made into a movie.
 The movie was played by famous actors. 
ソース画像を表示

Uncle Scrooge, who appears in the Disney movie Donald, was created from the character in this book.
ソース画像を表示

This is the third time I've read this book in the literature circle. I think I was able to make a good presentation in the third time by using the points I learned from the first and second times. I summarized the whole thing in pictures to make the story easier to understand. I also put the necessary amount of text in the necessary places and explained the rest of the story orally. We also researched and presented other things that have been made into movies and even related things like Disney. I think this was the best of the three literature circles we did in all. (Miyu)


 This is a famous story. Do you know the story?? This is about a man who hates Christmas. At first, he didn't say, "Merry Christmas.", but thanks to three ghost, his idea about Christmas changes. Why did he hate Christmas?

 At first, I thought this book is horror because the illustration is dark and ghosts appeared. But I could realize that the story wasn't horror and made us happy. You can enjoy the story not only by this book but also by movie!(Nao)

 It was really memorable thing that Scrooge changed his mind. He was a grumpy at first, but he changed to a kind man. He thought negative, but thinking to positive way made him to be happy. I understand him because sometimes I cannot think positive like him. But I learned being convinced doesn't make better feeling and it makes things worst. It is important to accept others and try to be tolerant. (Ayane)

Thank you for cooperating with Miyu, Nao, and Ayane.


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Wagon wheels

Daddy, Willie, Johnny, and Little Brother were going to move on. First, they lived Kansas. In winter, Daddy went to find land with trees and hills. Later, Kansas has fire and burned out the land. They run toward the river, they could escape. A letter come to them from Daddy. He says that he found the land and decided to live there, so he told sons, come to there. Willie, Johnny, and Little Brother went to Daddy. They had some trouble, but they could reach there. The family live happily! I thought they had a lot of trouble, and faced vital crisis which has risk theirs life. But they deal with these troubles, they could be happy! Wagon Wheels (I Can Read Level 3) 著者 : Barbara Brenner HarperCollins 発売日 : 1984-05-23 ブクログでレビューを見る»

The ticket

 Jimmy gave Jenny two tickets of band's concert on her birthday.  Her friend Kerry loves the band and really wants to go to the concert.  But Jenny decided to go with her boyfriend Alex and refuse the request.  Jenny rushed to class and then, a boy hit her bag. She dropped the tickets, but she didn't notice. Kenny saw what it is and picked it up.  Kenny put the tickets in her purse to hand Jenny the tickets.  Jimmy and Kenny bought lunch. When Kenny opened her purse, Jimmy saw Jenny's tickets in it. He thought Kenny was bad friend.  Later, Jenny came into lunchroom. Kenny handed her the tickets. Jimmy's thought was misunderstanding. First, I thought Kenny was bad friend too. But She handed Jenny the tickets and gave up, I felt relief. How kind Kenny was!

Playground

 A boy had a plastic snake. A girl had an idea. She wanted to play a trick on Mrs May.  "Mrs May! Mrs May!" called the girl. "I can see a snake in the playground!" Children said they could see it. Mrs May told the girl to put the snake in a plastic bag. Mrs May was deceived.  While the class, there was a donkey. Mrs May called Animal Rescue. Next. a gander appeared.  Before Mrs May called Animal Rescue. she was going to shoo it on to the field. But she was chased by the gander. A boy tease Mrs May. But I couldn't understand well. Gooseberries are feed of goose. She looked Gooseberries? I like this story. Because this type of books are small amount in Japan. It's unique.